Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year and a challenge for me

So, to be honest, I was thrilled to say goodbye to 2009, it was a rather awful year and one I definitely wouldn't want to repeat.  Like most people, I've been taking stock of my life, myself, hopes for things to come...I guess it's pretty much a given at this time of year.  I began making a list of things I'd like to do, or try, or at least start to do and of course, I fear it's longer than anyone could reasonably do.  But I'm going with the "baby-steps" principle and attempting a little bit of it.  Without knowing this, my husband came in today and out-of-the-blue said, "Rae, I've got a blog for you".  This was really the last thing on my mind at that moment but I was interested to hear anyway.  He said, "You should do 365 days of photos...post a photo a day for the next year".  Well, I was intimidated and intrigued at the same time.  One of the things on my New Year's list is to do more photography and this would be a way to try to motivate myself to do this.  So, I'm scared to put this in print out in the wide open, but here it is.  At least one aspect of this blog will be to post a photo a day for the 365 days...a whole year!  The trick is, it has to be new photos taken on that day.  I'm gonna try for it.  Barring horrible unforeseen circumstances, I hope to make it.  They may not all be masterpieces, in fact, I'm sure they won't be.  But I'll be a richer person for the effort and maybe it will be one of the "baby-steps" that helps me find life again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment