Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some random late-night musings on life

I think I'm coming to the conclusion that life is a process, a mess, an imperfect state.  And to constantly look for perfection will lead to nothing but frustration.  The cliche that "it's all about the journey" really is true but maybe with an additional caviat: there is no destination.  You never actually "arrive", it's constant change, moving.  I'm trying to learn the value of "some" - doing a little bit is better than doing nothing at all.  Often, I find myself not doing something because I don't think I can complete it but doing a little, several times, will eventually accomplish the task.  


So, I support the challenge is to remember that life is a beautiful mess and that perfection is an elusive, unattainable myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment